Specialist Facial Treatment
Micro–Needling (+ 60 – 90 minutes) R500.00
Buy 5 treatments and get 6th treatment free - R2500 for 6 treatments = R416 per treatment
Micro Derma Needling is a minimally invasive treatment that employs very small needles that mechanically perforate the outer layers of the skin. This creates a controlled injury underneath the skin’s surface, thereby inducing the body to respond by producing more collagen in the treated area. The skin plumps and thickens in response to the stimulus, reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks, and fine lines. Micro-needling has been clinically proven to reduce wrinkles, stretch marks, scarring (acne, burn, surgical), and hyper pigmentation.
- Skin tightening, lifting and rejuvenation
- Improves acne scars and wound healing
- Improves wrinkles and fine lines
- Minimizes pore size
- Improves stretch marks
- Treats and improves alopecia (hair loss)
What does it feel like?
Patients describe the sensation of micro-needling similar to little pin pricks. A topical numbing cream is applied to decrease any discomfort. The depth of the needle determines the level of sensitivity.
How many treatments?
A series of 3-6 treatments is recommended depending on the area and condition we are treating. Micro-Needling may only be done every 4 weeks.
Timeline as Skin Changes
Day 1-2 : Erythema and mild swelling. (Erythema is superficial reddening of the skin, usually in patches, as a result of injury or irritation causing dilatation of the blood capillaries)
Day 2-7 : Increased exfoliation and dryness.
1 week : Improvement in Skin texture and tone
3 weeks : Improvement in pigmentation
6 weeks : Improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, scars
What to Expect after your treatment:
- Immediate pinpoint bleeding will/may occur, which will resolve within 10 minutes.
- Minor redness and swelling will occur for 1-2 days.
- Minor peeling and flakiness will occur after a few days. Do not pick at the loose skin.
- The initial 72 hours post-procedure are the most critical. Avoid direct sun and heat. This includes simple day to day tasks such as gardening, cooking over a hot stove for a long period of time, sitting next to a bonfire or fireplace, etc.
- Discontinue use of any Alpha-Hydroxy products. You may resume your normal homecare regimen when skin is no longer flaking and peeling. (+ day 4 – 7)
- Use hydrating and reparative products to encourage new healty cell growth.
- Essel Aesthet Recovery Serum (apply morning and evening) is a must to achieve optimum results (30ml – R550)
- DNA EPINEW Stem Cell Elixir will help to firm, heal and repair the skin (30ml – R550)
- DNA EPINEW Hydrolift Serum lifts and rehydrate the skin (40ml – R580)
- Use physical sunscreen. Salon Care Sunscreen SPF20+ (75ml R175) should be applied no less than every 30 to 90 minutes if you are outside. DO NOT go outside without sun protection (even on a cloudy day).
- No scratching or peeling.
- Limit exercise the first week.
- Drink plenty of water.